How to use blogging for SEO
In today’s digital marketing podcast, Louisa interviews Kate Merryweather from Dot Com Words on how she uses blogging to help with SEO.
Welcome to Interactive Minds, where each week digital marketing and business professional Louisa Dahl, shares with you the tangible takeaways and recipes for marketing success. Louisa is joined by a host of passionate marketers, innovators and digital leaders from across the globe.
If you want easily digestible marketing tips from the industry’s top leaders, this is the podcast for you.
In this episode, Louisa and Kate discuss how businesses can use copy effectively to impact their search engine rankings. They discuss how to use copywriting on the web to best work for you, how to find search terms to use and where to focus, plus how blogs can work for your online marketing.
Here are three things you’re going to learn:
- How often you need to blog and the importance of being consistent
- The length and format of blogs you should use
- What you can do to repurpose your content
Other things discussed include:
- Keyword stuffing and why you shouldn’t write for Google
- Why you need to get specific with your target phrases for SEO
- How you can find keywords that will resonate with your audience by asking them in Facebook Groups.
- How to use the “People also ask” and “related searches” on the Google search results page to get more ideas
Louisa’s recommended action item from this podcast episode is to look at your content stats and see what’s working for you.
If you liked this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes. We’ll repay you with loads of good karma!
Links from this episode:
Access our free training on ROI.