How Summer Stories Launched with Influencers and PR with Felicity Loughrey
How do you go from writing for well-known magazines, then working with the famous Gary V to launching your own premium line of hair care products? Felicity Loughrey has had quite a marketing journey, and there are several things we can learn from her story.
Welcome to Interactive Minds, where each week digital marketing and business professional Louisa Dahl, shares with you the tangible takeaways and recipes for marketing success. Louisa is joined by a host of passionate marketers, innovators and digital leaders from across the globe.
If you’ve ever wondered how major brands, agencies and power players in the marketing world have got to where they are today, this episode is for you.
In this episode, Louisa speaks with Felicity Loughrey, Co-founder of Summer Stories, host of the podcast Head Ovary Heels, who started her career as a freelance writer. Felicity worked for VaynerMedia under the famous Gary V, and she shares some details of his unique leadership style that she has carried with her throughout her career.
Felicity shares some of hear learnings from working at Vayner, like the power of social media and how to use it in unique and unexpected ways. She believes social media influencers are underrated and shares a bit about their potential with us and how she’s utilizing it in her new business Summer Stories.
Also in this episode:
- Why Gary V is the template for the modern CEO
- How Felicity’s start in journalism helped shape her perspective on marketing
- The “Yes, and” concept of improv and how to apply it to your business
- How to “hack” the social media platforms
- Why Depop is a super cool new way to shop
- How she has gone about starting a new business in Australia in 2019
- Why you sometimes have to let go of control when starting a new business
Head Ovary Heels Newsletter
Louisa Dahl: LinkedIn
Interactive Minds Website
Join Interactive Minds’ Facebook Group