How Dominos Pizza have developed a global tech approach with Michael Gillespie
When it comes to new digital solutions, having the customer at the forefront is critical. With businesses becoming more global, how does that translate when your customer base spans multiple cultures and countries?
Welcome to Interactive Minds, where each week digital marketing and business professional Louisa Dahl, shares with you the tangible takeaways and recipes for marketing success. She is joined by a host of passionate marketers, innovators and digital leaders from across the globe. If you want easily digestible marketing tips from the industry’s top leaders, this is the podcast is for you.
In this episode, Louisa speaks with Michael Gillespie, Domino’s Pizza’s Chief Digital and Technology Officer. Michael’s online marketing experience spans just over 20 years, and his unique expertise has aided in transforming Domino’s into Australia’s most sophisticated digital retailers.
Michael’s aptitude for constantly learning, innovating and evolving has seen him extensively contribute to accelerating Domino’s strategic digital growth across six global markets including New Zealand, France, Belgium and Japan.
Louisa and Michael’s conversation takes an in depth look at how Domino’s has built a global business using a platform that originated from within Brisbane, how keeping the customer top of mind is essential during the development process and why you shouldn’t focus on the technology until you know the problem you are trying to solve.
What you can also discover in this episode:
- The highlights across his career from awards to innovation
- Working successfully across cultural boundaries on a global scale
- The epic, innovative growth of Domino’s
- A typical day in the life of Michael
- Looking at the results – KPIs and real-time data results
- Dealing with customisation and the freedom of customer editing
- Looking to the future from an innovative development perspective
- Michael’s advice for other marketers