How team planning and cohesion can create a positive workplace with Flight Centre’s Ashleigh Conwell
Effective teamwork is at the heart of any successful organisation. And it’s through building happy, cohesive teams that we aid collaboration, unleash creativity and boost productivity.
Welcome to Interactive Minds, where each week digital marketing and business professional Louisa Dahl, shares with you the tangible takeaways and recipes for marketing success. She is joined by a host of passionate marketers, innovators and digital leaders from across the globe. If you want easily digestible marketing tips from the industry’s top leaders, this is the podcast is for you.
In this episode, Ashleigh Conwell, marketing implementation manager at Australia’s largest retail travel group, Flight Centre, joins Louisa for a look behind the curtain of how she has established an enviable team culture, and in-turn, developed as a leader.
During their conversation, Louisa and Ashleigh look at how to leverage the natural instincts of a team to improve collaboration and increase productivity; how to keep a team accountable and engaged; and how Ashleigh has used some unconventional techniques to improve team dynamics.
What to look forward to in this episode:
- What’s involved in the role of marketing implementation manager
- Advice on adapting to a newly created marketing role
- Flight Centre’s Women Wise initiative, and steps for creating your own
- Team planning and cohesion defined
- The family, village, tribe team structure methodology
- Why expectation sessions are key in team building
- How to structure effective planning and follow-up sessions
- Using the Love Languages concept to boost team cohesion
- Managing different communication styles
- Developing an effective 90-day planning process
- Top tips and advice for developing your skills and staying up to date
- The importance of seeking advice and asking for help