How to Create a Demand Generation Engine with James Gunn from TechnologyOne
When it comes to marketing automation, demand generation engine can provide an effective and accountable way of providing an on-going stream of qualified marketing leads to your sales team.
Welcome to Interactive Minds, where each week digital marketing and business professional Louisa Dahl, shares with you the tangible takeaways and recipes for marketing success. She is joined by a host of passionate marketers, innovators and digital leaders from across the globe. If you want easily digestible marketing tips from the industry’s top leaders, this is the podcast is for you.
In this episode, Louisa gets her marketing geek on with James Gunn, marketing operations manager at Australia’s largest enterprise software company, TechnologyOne. James is a marketing automation specialist and former consultant who has spent his career working with high-profile technology companies in the UK and Australia.
During the episode, James and Louisa work through a case study of how James and the marketing team at TechnologyOne has implemented a demand generation system that not only provides the sales team with on-going stream of quality leads, but that has also lifted the perceived value of the marketing function within the business.
What to look forward to in this episode:
● A background to James’s career and his role at TechnologyOne
● Why he’s so passionate about marketing having a seat at the revenue table
● The best way to approach a project like this internally
● Moving from a single to multi-touch attribution model
● Marketing automation tools James is using
● What does a demand generation engine actually mean
● Creating a demand generation engine at TechnologyOne – step by step
● Making the best use of external consultants
● Defining what a lead generation process looks like
● Building an automation journey that makes sense to the customer
● Making the most of existing systems like Marketo
● Important metrics around using a demand generation engine
● Results, key learnings and tips