How to balance growth marketing and brand marketing with Alex Holmes from Influx
There is a delicate balance between growth and brand marketing – if you want to get it right, you just need to have the correct recipe.
Welcome to Interactive Minds, where each week digital marketing and business professional Louisa Dahl shares with you the tangible takeaways and recipes for marketing success. She is joined by a host of passionate marketers, innovators and digital leaders from across the globe. If you want easily digestible marketing tips from the industry’s top leaders, this podcast is for you.
In this episode, Louisa speaks with Alex Holmes, the man behind marketing and partnerships at the support as a service (SaaS) start-up, Influx. Influx manages customer conversations and queries for brands and tech companies, with speedy, global support, 24/7. Alex has acquired a strong background in online marketing, with his previous experience as the Head of Marketing at Envato and the senior marketing manager at TripIt paving the way. After joining Influx back in 2016 Alex is now an integral part of Influx’s success story.
Alex has a wealth of insightful ideas when it comes to growth and brand marketing. In this episode, we dive deeper into his thoughts surrounding launch planning, the three competing components that can make life tough, and Alex’s ingenious methods of tracking URLs and Google Analytics.
Also featured in this episode
- Influx, what they offer and how they do it so well
- Alex’s experience with rebranding projects, and why they get him excited
- The social media channels you should choose
- Twitter, is it better than the rest?
- Why brand marketing is so much fun
- The concrete benefits of launching content regularly
- What a clear cut marketing strategy means to Alex
- Why it’s not always easy to convince your CFO
- How Influx tracks URL and Google Analytics
- How Alex stays up to date with marketing trends